Pursuing Our Potential Together
Our Focus Is on a Brighter Future for All
Thanks to all your work, Cincinnati Children's is in a place where we're able to dream bigger and aspire higher.
-- Michael Fisher, president and CEO
Since 1883, Cincinnati Children’s has made countless contributions to our patients, families, colleagues, communities, and children throughout the world. As we approach our 150th birthday in 2033, we’ve set our sights on how we can build upon our momentum and our strong legacy to help our people be the best they can be, so we can help even more children thrive. Throughout 2019 and into 2020, our Performance Leadership Team (PLT) engaged more than 1,000 colleagues, as well as external partners and friends of Cincinnati Children’s to answer the question: “How can we work even better together as One Cincinnati Children’s so that we will have the most impact on improving the lives of children today, by our 150th birthday in 2033, and well beyond.” Many formal and informal conversations were held to determine how we could continue to transform child health and delivery of care through integrated research, education, innovation, advocacy, and family and community partnerships. Michael Fisher, president and CEO shared: “Over the past five years we have all dedicated ourselves to championing and delivering exceptional results on our foundational responsibility of safety, and our focus areas of: patient, family and employee experience; innovation and growth; and care affordability. Thanks to all your work, Cincinnati Children’s is in a place where we’re able to dream bigger and aspire higher. We wanted to take this moment to celebrate our accomplishments and plan for an even brighter future for you, our organization, our community and especially for the children of the world.” To help propel us forward and upward, we will focus on four aspirations to elevate and accelerate, sharing one powerful commitment: We will Pursue Our Potential Together, so all kids can pursue theirs. The four aspirations are:
- Care: Provide hope to children and families in Cincinnati and around the world by delivering best-in-class personalized care, outcomes, experience, and value.
- Community: Help Cincinnati’s kids be the healthiest in the nation, by working together with families and the community.
- Cure: Harness the discovery power of our clinical and research teams to prevent, cure, or radically improve the course of pediatric and adolescent mental illness, and one or two additional diseases of high morbidity or mortality.
- Culture: Lead the way as a model employer with a vibrant culture that is a magnet for extraordinary people who live our values, advance our mission, and fulfill their dreams.
Within each of our four aspirations, digital transformation and affordability of care will continue to be of focus.
Even as we are facing the health and economic challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as racial and social injustice, the Cincinnati Children’s team has demonstrated resiliency, resourcefulness and has shown the agility to work better together, including making improvements that will endure past the current health crisis. As an example, many teams quickly came together to kickstart turning our aspirations into reality by focusing on access to care and rapidly expanding our telehealth capabilities to meet the needs of our patients. Further, our digital capabilities ignited to transform the way we work today and will continue to in the future. Our Vision, Mission, Values and commitment to Safety will always remain our foundation. Below, you can see how our long-term aspirations pair with key short-term themes that will help guide us as we achieve milestone after milestone toward improving child health. It’s important to remember that each one of us plays an integral part in our success.
How can we work even better together as One Cincinnati Children's so that we will have the most impact on improving the lives of children by our 150th birthday...and well beyond?
It Starts Now
Our FY21 priorities toward our longer-term aspirations include just a few of the following goals: Care
- Improve access while remaining committed to keeping care more affordable
- Drive growth and advanced care capabilities
- Implement new models for clinical education through digital transformation
- Reduce socioeconomic and racial disparities for targeted conditions
- Improve internal coordination of Community-facing efforts
- Support Cincinnati Public Schools efforts to ensure a healthy return to learning post-COVID-19
- Accelerate collaboration between IS, BMI, Biostats & Epidemiology, and the Anderson Center
- Develop a logical data warehouse strategy and accelerate our data analytics capabilities
- Embrace the vision of our new Chief of Pediatrics
- Develop our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
- Start the journey toward becoming one of the “Great Places to Work”
- Continue to champion and evolve our culture
We all make a difference, every day. We show courage, and we achieve great things. By Pursuing Our Potential Together, we have the rare opportunity to achieve something profound that is beyond the sum of what we can achieve individually, or even in our individual areas or departments. Between now and our 150th birthday in 2033, we will Pursue Our Potential Together so all kids can pursue theirs. Look to future editions of "Inspire," daily "Connect" newsletter, and the Pursuing Our Potential Together site on CenterLink to learn more about how we are working to bring Care, Cure, Community, and Culture to life.
By Pursuing Our Potential Together, we have the rare opportunity to achieve something profound that is beyond the sum of what we can achieve individually....